Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, I am a Licensed Building Practitioner. License Class Design D2.
No, I am a qualified Architectural Draughtsman. I qualified with a N.Z.Q.A Certificate in Architectural Draughting, completed in 1997.
In a typical job you could expect the following professions to be involved;
- Designer / Draughtsperson
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Truss manufacturers
- Planner if a Resource Consent is required
- Waste Water Engineer if a septic tank is required
We cost each job on a job by job basis. There are many factors that can influence the overall cost of a job. Along with other things, these could include;
- Size and complexity of proposed work.
- Design of proposed work, simple or complicated.
- The number of different claddings proposed. A house with multiple claddings requires more work than a house with a single cladding type.
- Site complexities i.e slope, shape, size, geotechnical issues, location of public drains, site covenants etc.
- Does the proposed work require a Resource Consent?
- Is the proposed house single level or multiple levels?
- The number of client revisions made during the process.
- Council fees.
- Auckland Transport vehicle Crossing Fee. If a new crossing is required.
- Watercare fees. Is a new water meter required, or is approval for building close to a public drain required.
- CCTV of public drains if required.